* In the glass enclosure of the bus stop, waiting for my ride to work, I happened to glance up and notice that someone had written "the cake is a lie / the cake is a lie / the cake is a lie" in the condensation on the glass. So of course I sketched a little Companion Cube with hearts around it.
* My grandparents sent me a very nice card for my birthday, and included a $25 check. This is great, because I could use a little walking around cash in my wallet -- but I haven't cashed it yet. My bank is only 5-10 minutes away from my apartment by bike... but it's so freaking cold and snowy and icy up here that the last thing I want to do after work is bike anywhere. So the check remains in my wallet, alone and unloved. I'll take care of it eventually.
* Lunch was nice today. As celebration for the revival of the store's party fund, pizza was purchased for the entire store. So I got to stuff myself with a bit of that. Plus someone had brought up a near-expiration cherry cake and pumpkin pie from the bakery. Pizza and pumpkin: two of my favorite pies in the world. What could be wrong with that?
* I've gotten really good at sudoku puzzles. But kakuro puzzles still kick me around until I'm wearing my buttocks like a hat.
* ... Thanks to the Internet, my vocabulary has collected some really weird phrases. It's like a word katamari.